Sam is an angel that was brought into my life. Here is our journey back home...

Sam is an angel that was brought into my life. Here is our journey back home...

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Our First Sam Adventure

As I type this I am sitting in front of a warm fireplace with a beautiful hand knit shawl around my shoulders- a gift from the women at the United Methodist Church in MN. Some of you may know that Lucas and I have been blessed with a wonderful opportunity to spend a few days at Faith's Lodge in Northern Wisconsin. From the moment you step foot through the doors you are overwhelmed with emotions. Not bad emotions, emotions of love and hope. I look around me and think how many families have been here before me because they know just what it is like to have lost their child. It's not fair no matter how you look at it, but this place fills you with the love that these families have for their child that has passed. You pull into Faith's Lodge and think what a beautiful place this is and it is all because of a baby named Faith that never got to take a breath. Again, something I wished I never had the opportunity to experience, but I am glad that it is available to parents and families like us.
We just got finished making our stepping stone in memory of Sam. Just being in the same room with other parents all with the same sad purpose is unbelievable. The love that surrounds a parent who has lost a baby or a child is so powerful that only another parent of loss could understand.
The grounds here are amazing; although flatten mostly by the storms this summer there is still a beauty to it. We are staying in Kaitlin's suite or Running Deer suite and we could not have asked for a better view. We are overlooking the pond and the fire pit area. Jane and Evelyn are two women with a heart of gold. This place couldn't be more right for us right now.

Later today, after I drag Lucas away from the puzzle we will go for a short walk. We will see how much of the cold I can handle! Please enjoy the pictures.
I will post later...

















1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you and Lucas were able to experience this beautiful place. I pray that you will be able to share with others of child loss the hope that it gave to you. It is a true Blessing that such a place can be built open such horrific pain and give people the feelings that you felt when you walked in there. Only God. I know that a piece of Sam, you, Lucas and Michalina will live on for eternity there. Broken pieces of dreams made into a beautiful stain glass of God's scenery. We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete