Sam is an angel that was brought into my life. Here is our journey back home...

Sam is an angel that was brought into my life. Here is our journey back home...

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What do you say...Michalina-ism

What do you say to your four year old who mentions this out of the blue...

"Mom, when I go to heaven can my body go in Sam's wall with him?"
Yes, baby you can.
"Daddy and the workers are going to have to smash the square with Sam's name on it so it says Michalina and Sam"
Yes, honey they will change it for you. 
"Mom, I don't want to be in a box. Don't put me in a box, Okay? So, I can play with my Jesse doll."
 Why
"Well, I can't play with my Jesse doll if I'm in a box. So don't put me in one, okay"
Okay
"But you have to dress me. Dress me real pretty."
As tears roll down my face at the thought of this process...
Can we not talk about this anymore?
"Okay Mommy."

How does a four year old have such an old soul? Why does she have to experience and think about these possibilities? Four year old shouldn't have to think or request where they want their bodies to be buried when they die.

But that's my four year old's reality. God, it kills a little piece of me every time she talks like this.

This is my normal.
This is her normal.

This is our reality.

How do you find a path through that?
It's a long journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment